COVID-19 Status Updates
Beginning Monday, August 30th, we will be performing curbside service only for all appointments and food/medication pick-ups.
We know this may be frustrating for some, but we believe it is in everyone’s best interest with breakthrough COVID infections on the rise. Our primary goal is to continue to provide you with excellent care while mitigating risk of COVID related closures or under-staffing.
Many local Emergency vets are completely overwhelmed, understaffed, and are being forced to have periodic closures, long wait times, and may turn people away. Keeping our staff healthy and working is essential not only for the care of your pets but our veterinary colleagues as well.
Thank you for helping us help your pets. Your understanding is appreciated.
Please text our main number at 206-523-7187 upon arrival. A nurse will call for a brief history over the phone and will meet you at your car to escort you directly into the exam room.
We are not allowing clients to wait in our lobby at this time.
- Please have your pet safely restrained with a leash or carrier and ready outside of the car when the technician arrives.
- We will ask for a credit or debit card at check in for curbside appointment, or payments can be made over the phone with our client care team or in the exam room at the end of your in-clinic visit. Your pet and any medications will be brought out to you at the completion of the visit if applicable. Please be sure we have your current email address on file for your receipt.
- If you are feeling ill (cough, sore throat, fever, changes in breathing) please cancel your appointment, and call back to reschedule when you have been well for at least 3 days. Or have a healthy friend or family member bring your pet in for you. If someone else brings your pet in, please be available by phone to discuss your concerns or allow your friend or family member to make medical decisions in your absence.
- Due to the continued increase in demand of sick pets and the more time-intensive curbside protocols, we are still limiting the number of Annual Exams and new clients in order to accommodate our existing clients. Please be patient with our team as we may need to book these well-pet appointments out several weeks into the future.
- Due to this increased demand of appointments for pets in need, and an increase in New Client no-shows, we are kindly asking for a small deposit for all New Clients to secure your appointment slot. This deposit will be applied to the visit and is fully refundable if canceled with 24 hours’ notice.
- We also have telemedicine consult appointments available for some health conditions that do not require a full physical exam. Video or phone chat is also available at the time of your pet’s curbside appointment. Please call our office to discuss and set up an appointment.
- If you need to pick up medications or food, please call ahead to pay for the items over the phone. When you arrive, please call or text and let us know you are here and we will bring the items out to you. Also know we have a wonderful online pharmacy where you can purchase medications and foods delivered to your home. Click here to shop. *Please note we are unable to mail prescriptions from our office to your home at this time.*
- We are happy to say that we have not had any confirmed cases of Covid-19 in our hospital staff. Thank you again for helping us keep it that way! 😊
There is no evidence at this time that your pets can carry or transmit the virus. Experts do recommend, as a precaution, to quarantine and limit your contact with both pets and people if you are showing symptoms of the virus and allowing a healthy family member to care for pets if possible. If you must care for your pets while ill, they recommend washing hands before and after care and avoiding touching, petting, snuggling and kissing your pets until you are well again.
Thank you for your support for our team. Stay safe!